Thursday 24 July 2014

Kee's Creampuffs, Subang Jaya

Hello everyone!

Quick update: So I just recovered from stomach flu; not fully but enough to consume small portions of primary meals. Nearly 10 days of fresh hell, the experience was perfectly horrid as nausea came and tormented me even when I decided to re-hydrate myself with water. That was the reason behind my sloth-like sleeping hours and surprisingly sleepless nights from feeling nauseous in the middle of the night. I suppose the bright side of this was a weight loss of 2kg within less than a week. Not sure if I put it on again - nope, not checking.


* * * *

Cappuccino [RM7.50]

Earlier this month, I was invited to a cream puff tasting session by Kee's Creampuffs (thank you, Katherine for the invite and André for accompanying me!). Since I haven't had cream puffs in a while, I thought it'll be great to give this a go.

Their spread of 15 flavours of cream puffs is impressive; including the classic original flavour. Alongside cream puffs, they also have a variety of cakes and the usual tea and decent coffee.


Setting



The menu chalkboard (and André).

View of the cafe from the entrance.

Their display of cakes and cream puffs.

Cozy side table seating for anyone in the mood for a tea time setting.


What went into our tummies


Yes, I'm a coffee person but I decided to order English Breakfast tea [RM6.50] that very afternoon. Don't question.

André's iced mocha [RM9.50].

I decided to have a cappuccino (pictured at the beginning of the post) at the end of the session because I had some room to spare - and it was pretty decent! They handcraft their coffee rather use am instant coffeemaker so I'm glad.

Katherine explaining the flavours to us. It's amazing how she remembers them in their exact orders without referring to notes or whatever!

These three are my personal favourites:

Looks like the original, eh? This one's durian [RM2.50/pc] and it tops my list with no surprise. 

Chocolate banana [RM1.80/pc]. They also have chocolate but I'm a fan of bananas so it made a significant difference.

The gougère [RM5.00/2 pcs] is a unique savoury cream puff which was a relief from the 14 sweet flavours. This is a cheese cream puff - made with a blend of parmesan, mozarella and cheddar cheese, toasted, and served with sour cream infused turkey ham bits topped with a sprinkle of parsley and thyme. The sour cream somehow goes very well with the toasted cheese puff and the flavours were just right. Honestly, this can pull off as an atas appetizer.

The following are other flavours we tried:

[RM1.60/pc]
Classic

[RM1.80/pc]
Blueberry (made with fresh blueberries)
Lemon (which was quite strong)
Cookies 'n' Cream
Chocolate
Choco top (quite memorable)
Green tea (quite bitter but they're adjusting the flavour)
Hazelnut
Coffee (they use Nescafe)
Strawberry (made with fresh strawberries)
Peanut (which has a very local touch to it. Reminds me of ba chang kuih)
Mocha


The amount of half cream puffs I ate could probably last me a year or so but I'll definitely come back for the durian and gougère!



Information


Address: 30-G, Jalan USJ 9/5Q, Subang Business Centre, 47620 Selangor.
Contact no.: +60173842813 or +60380819897
CLICK for Facebook page

* Kee's Creampuffs does catering in bulk for parties, weddings, events, and re-sellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment