Saturday 6 July 2013

Coffea Coffee @ SS15, Subang Jaya

What is a cup of coffee to you?

Excuse me while I decide to use my absolute favourite television series in the whole wide world as a part of my demonstration.


1) A drink in which you need to consume daily to be on the go?



Penny looking like a zombie without coffee in the morning.


2) A reason to meet or hang out with somebody?



Like Raj on a date with a beautiful, deaf girl over coffee.


3) Or are you like Sheldon Cooper where coffee makes you hyperactive?



Boy, do I love Sheldon Cooper! I'd so write a thesis paper on him.

And as for the 4th and final option with no relation to the television series, are you immune to coffee but you just drink it for the heck of it? Peer pressure? Because it's cool?

****

I do know that the coffee experience is subject to the individual, but I can say that I'm one of the few who appreciate a good cup of coffee in the most suitable environment; be it a safe place like my room or at a café‎ surrounded by an ambience which compliments that cup of coffee. For instance, Coffea Coffee, which I would like to introduce in this blog post tonight.


Setting



You should know by now that I love these types of wall designs. 


I was impressed by the lighting and also the cosiness of the place like how each table somehow seems as though there's an invisible shield of privacy surrounding it. 


Bar-ish tables and chairs are available for two.


Yes, even the design of the table got me.


This is where all the magic happens.


Their Black & White menu. Classic design!


I was wondering what "Madonna" meant when my friend recommended the flat white. So there you go, what constitutes the flavour of a Maestro and Madonna coffee.



They have cakes, pastries and some light dishes as well! (Thank goodness)


More on the display counter. I can't decide if the oranges look completely out of place there or if they added balance to the variety. 


There's an air-conditioned smoking area upstairs which I did not visit because I was already heading back home that time. 

To me, personally, that woody, cosy feeling compliments a cup of coffee. If it is of any help, the coffee experience is like the Coca-Cola experience somewhat. It is so good and has the capability to create memories but yet you can't exactly describe what's so beautifully amazing and pleasing about it. So in terms of its settings, Coffea Coffee is one of the few places I would go to for that experience rather those usual Starbucks or Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf cafés where too many customers spoil the ambience. 

What went into our tummies



The Peanut Butter Latte [RM12.00] I had on my first visit. 

This drink caught my attention when I first laid my eyes on the menu. Being a peanut butter lover, without thinking twice, I ordered it. To my surprise, the taste of the peanut butter wasn't as strong as I expected it to be. Not particularly satisfied with the amount of peanut butter flavour in this drink. It was my first time at Coffea Coffee so I'm not sure if this is how it actually is supposed to be or not. However, it was worth the shot anyway.

My second trip, which I went with my family, involved a wider spread of their menu.

Drip Coffee: Indonesian Sumatra Mandheling [RM10.00], the strongest amongst their coffee types. We also tried the Brazil Cerrado Natural Passaro [also RM10.00] which is a bit lighter if you prefer something light.
Madonna Flat White [RM10.00]
I believe this is the Caramel Coolist [RM13.00]. Excellent for those with a sweet tooth!
Peanut Butter Chocolate cake [RM12.00]. I recommend this! Like I said, I am a peanut butter lover (:
Hummingbird cake [RM12.00]. I don't particularly like how the cream is easily separable from the cake which makes it annoying to slice. 
And good lord, the scones [I think this is RM5.90]. 
The bottle of jam from France served with the scones. I was amazed! Most places would just put a spoonful of jam in a small saucer or something. But this?! (Y)

Coffea Coffee is located nearby K3K Benta Kaya or behind Gold Chili. As of now, it is facing directly opposite the MRT construction between SS15 and SS17.








Do share your thoughts on what makes your ultimate coffee experience by commenting on this post or you may drop me an email at emilychoong.blog@gmail.com. Have a great day, everyone! 









Information

Address: A-10, Jalan SS15/4D, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor.
Operating days: Mondays - Sundays
Operating hours: 9.00 a.m. - 12.00 a.m. (Sundays - Thursdays), 9.00 a.m. - late (Fridays, Saturdays & eve of public holidays)
Contact no.: +60322013338 (BANGSAR BRANCH)
Website: https://www.coffea.my

No comments:

Post a Comment