Saturday 3 May 2014

Meltz Cafe, SS15 Subang Jaya

Do you still ever head to A&W for waffles and indulge in its smell that overpowers any thought of buying burgers and onion rings? I guess that's where smell manipulation pounces illustrations of food.

Being a Subang girl and having to go to PJ all the time for A&W waffles can only be done by grave cravings, or the way some of my friends and I may go to relieve our temptations badly: "Die die also must go!"

Setting


After reading Jia Qi's blog entry on this place, I dragged accompanied my parents and brother to check out Meltz just located opposite a very popular place for shisha and Arabic cuisine, Oregi. Not the cleanest area to locate a cafe at but heck, if they had good food and/or coffee, I'm sold. 

Upon writing this entry, I have visited Meltz easily about 5 times now. This entry tells you the story of my first experience.

* Had only my phone with me when I shot the pictures.

This is pretty much their menu but you might want to pay attention to the column at the most right because this place is known for those items.


Just two cafe setting shots here. If you sit towards the back, you'll find a shelf holding many board games like Reversi, Uno and SNAP!


So they invested in not one but two fountains; one with butterscotch sauce and the other with dark chocolate. Absolutely mouth-watering.

Crêpe in the making! They are indeed quite cruel to allow the smell of cooking crêpes & waffles circulate throughout the whole cafe, making the wait the most severe and "worst" part of the experience.


What went into our tummies


My first cappuccino [usually RM10.00 but was RM3.00 because of their offer. See menu.] which was the nuttiest I've ever tasted so far. Although I was warned about the nuttiness, I didn't expect it to be this strong. Other returns were not too bad and no complains about how they make it.

Basic waffle [RM14.00] topped with vanilla ice cream, which took relatively long to melt, and drizzled with dark chocolate and butterscotch sauce. This would be my parents' favourite. The batter is exactly between light and strong to the extent where you could still taste the sauces and ice cream when eaten along with. I absolutely love how the waffles are constantly crispy, made fresh upon ordering, and not soggy. This is a highly recommended dish if you're looking for an amazing waffle.


Basic crêpe [RM13.00] served with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with the same sauces, butterscotch and dark chocolate. Ordered this only once and I've got to admit the portion is huge which I suppose makes it affordable. On the downside, the texture and thickness of the crêpe just didn't do for me as it was a little hard to tear pieces apart before consuming. Might give it another go soon when I'm up for crêpes! 

I have yet to try the main dishes as all my visits are typically after 9.00 p.m. for supper.


* * * *


Address: 41, Jalan SS15/4B, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor.
Closed on: Mondays
Operating hours: 11.00 a.m. - 12.00 a.m.
Email: meltzcafe@gmail.com
Facebook page: https://www/facebook.com/meltzcafe
Payment: CASH ONLY

No comments:

Post a Comment